Founded in 1998, we are a small practice producing exciting, innovative and environmentally sensitive work. We offer a complete architectural service from master planning and concept to handover and beyond, in fields including education, residential and commercial design. Our clients receive an exceptional quality of personal service and commitment. We work with you to develop and achieve your vision, and to achieve beautiful and cost-effective human spaces which are both sustainable and durable.
Our Practice specialises in schools architecture and master planning; the design of learning spaces. We bring to this a child-focused and community-centred approach, as well as over two decades of experience. We are passionate about working with school communities to create better learning environments which support and respond to the pedagogy, and which work for students, staff, families and communities. Our extensive experience includes the full range of education projects – from early learning and children’s centres to specialist secondary school facilities, in both the private and government sectors, and in metropolitan and regional areas.
Since establishment we have worked with more than 70 different schools, on projects both big and small, as well as many residential and commercial clients. Our Practice remains intentionally small to ensure excellent a personal approach, with a focus on responsiveness, iterative development, problem solving and outstanding design. While we provide the benefit of a small practice, Kilpatrick Architecture also has the expertise and resources to service a large and complex brief.
At Kilpatrick Architecture we will offer to you:
- high quality, creative and environmentally sensitive design
- interactive briefing, ongoing consultation and client involvement
- specialist expertise in educational architecture, including pedagogy-led design
- a student, child, family and community focussed approach
- cost effective and construction-efficient design solutions
- comprehensive documentation and project management
- professional tendering and contract administration
- excellent working relationship with stakeholders, including builders and consultants.
The practice has full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability cover and is a Practice Member of the Australian Institute of Architects and a member of the Association of Consulting Architects and Learning Environments Australasia (formerly C.E.F.P.I. Australasia).